Frequently Asked Questions
What is MBIDZ?
MBIDZ is an online marketplace that features auctions and fixed price items listed by multiple sellers. Buyers can browse, bid, and buy 24 hours a day. Sellers can list items themselves 24 hours a day as well. MBIDZ is geared towards bringing together buyers and sellers located within Michigan, and beyond. A Michigan resident purchasing an item that will be shipped from a Michigan based seller will receive it quicker and at far less shipping cost than by an out-of-state seller. Also, MBIDZ makes it easy to browse and search listings from multiple sellers all around Michigan.
How is MBIDZ different than Facebook groups, Craigslist or other online selling apps?
- MBIDZ stands out as simply easier to use by both sellers and buyers. MBIDZ allows users to post a single listing that can be quickly searched by keyword, category, type, size, color, etc.
- No need for a seller to post the same listing to multiple groups and apps and having to check each one for potential buyers and questions.
- A buyer can quickly and easily see if an item is still available without having to message back and forth multiple times.
- A buyer can instantly purchase and/or pay for an item at any time - leaving out the chance that someone else will get an item before them.
- Sellers can choose to ship items and require payment up front - no more no shows and wasting time driving around.
- Sellers can list multiple items at one in one single listing (such as 12 individual candles).
- Buyers and sellers can use PayPal for direct online payments.
- No need to authorize strangers to be able to message you.
- No need to hold or wait for the next "want", "interested", or low ball offer. MBIDZ simply makes it first come - first serve at the price you set.
- Not sure what an item is worth? List it with Auction Style at the minimum price that you are willing to accept and let the buyers bid the price they want to pay.
- Feedback can be left between buyers and sellers and viewed by all users. Weed out a potential bad apple when you see it.
- MBIDZ allows you to search all listings at once. Find items from all corners of the state with one quick search. No need to go through and find multiple groups and city web sites.
- ...and yet more reasons to come...
How old do I need to be to use MBIDZ?
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to register to bid, buy, or sell items on the MBIDZ web site.
How do I register?
It's easy to get started. Simply click the REGISTER link and fill out the form with your Name, Address, Phone number, Date of birth, valid email address, a public username, and password. A PayPal email address is optional (used to pay for items online). You will be sent an email to verify your registration and that is it.
Why does the registration form ask for a PayPal Email Address? Is this safe?
A PayPal email address is required if you want to pay for your items online directly to a seller. It is not required to setup an account, but many sellers will require it in order to purchase their items. The PayPal email address is the email address that you use to send and receive PayPal payments from. NO ONE will ever ask for or need your PayPal password. Keep your PayPal password to yourself. The MBIDZ web site only needs your PayPal email address setup in order for you to be provided the correct link to complete your online payment with an MBIDZ seller or to pay any MBIDZ fees you may owe, or to pre-load funds to your MBIDZ Seller Account. You can modify your PayPal email address at any time by visiting ACCOUNT SETTINGS in your MBIDZ Members Area.
Is MBIDZ free? Are there any fees to use MBIDZ?
MBIDZ currently allows sellers to place a basic auction or basic fixed price listing for free. There is currently no listing setup fee nor is there any sale transaction fee (final value fee) at this time (if this changes, you will be notified at least 30-days in advance). You may however purchase optional add-ons to your listings. Buyers pay zero buyers premium to MBIDZ. Michigan businesses may also open an MBIDZ Store starting at $5.00 per month.
How do I open an MBIDZ Store?
Create a normal account if you don't already have one and then visit our STORES page to subscribe.
What are the benefits of having an MBIDZ Store?
Store subscribers can add a logo, about me, and policy pages as well as having customized catagories of their own. An easy to share url as well as the ability to have all your listings available in one page.
How does MBIDZ make money to support itself?
We plan on selling advertising space as well as MBIDZ Stores to small businesses that are looking to reach potential Michigan based customers. Businesses can quickly and easily expand their Internet presence by utilizing existing MBIDZ daily traffic with either their very own MBIDZ Store and/or our ad space.
As a seller, how do I collect payment from a buyer?
You the seller choose what payment methods to accept. MBIDZ has no part of the payment process. When setting up either your auction style or fixed price (Buy-Me-Now) listing, you can select the payment methods that you wish to accept. Currently, the methods available include online directly to your PayPal account and/or offline via cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex, money order, PayPal.me, Square Cash, and Venmo.
Why use PayPal?
PayPal is a service that enables you to pay, send money, and accept payments. PayPal uses data encryption and anti-fraud technology to keep your information secure, reducing the risk of online fraud.
As a seller, you are able to receive and use your funds instantly - with no waiting. Sellers also receive Seller Protection against charge backs, and fraud.
As a buyer, you have the security of not giving out your payment details directly to the seller and you also have fraud prevention, dispute resolution and Purchase Protection. If you don't receive the item that you ordered, or it shows up significantly different from its description, you may qualify for Purchase Protection, and PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price plus any original shipping costs, subject to terms and limitations.
Buyer has paid for an item online, how do I get it to them?
The seller chooses what payment and shipping methods they wish to offer when they create the listing. Currently, a seller can choose to ship an item via a traditional carrier such as USPS, UPS, or FedEx and they can also choose to offer local pick-up. A seller can use any combination of these methods or just one. Each MBIDZ listing clearly shows interested buyers what methods are available.
What is a local-pickup?
A seller can choose local-pickup for a shipping method when listing an item on MBIDZ. Each seller determines what exactly a local-pickup is. For example, a business may allow you to come to their store and pick-up in person. An individual may choose to meet at a public place instead of their home. The intention of a local-pickup is for the buyer to quickly determine what items can be picked up instead of shipped. This allows buyers and sellers to save time and money on shipping charges. Buyers and sellers can message each other privately and directly in the MBIDZ messaging system to arrange these details.
...To be continued. The FAQ is currently a work in progress. Please check back...